Here at Connect a Job, your satisfaction and security are our top priority.
Please read the following Terms Of Service thoroughly and carefully before using Connect a Job to ensure your experience here is positive and successful.
These Terms constitute a binding agreement between You (also referred to as "User" or "Users") and Connect a Job (also referred to as "the Site") and are deemed accepted by You each time you access and use Connect a Job. Users who violate these Terms may have their access and use of Connect a Job suspended or terminated at Connect a Job's discretion.
By accepting our Terms of Service:
- You acknowledge that you are 18 years of age or older, an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and agree to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service.
- You agree not to access, obtain or attempt to access or obtain any of the services or sites by any means legally or illegally through the interface that is provided by Connect a Job, unless You have been specifically allowed to do so by a Connect a Job staff member.
- You agree that you will not engage in anything that interferes with or disrupts the Site, services or servers that operate Connect a Job. If we discover that You or anyone who may have used your account has caused disruption on Connect a Job, we will be forced to take immediate action, unless You have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with a Connect a Job staff member.
- You will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Site or services for any purpose. You agree that you are solely responsible for any breach of your obligations under these Terms of Service and for the consequences of any such breach under penalty of Law.
- You acknowledge that harassment in any manner or form on Connect a Job, including by e-mail, chat or use of profuse or abusive language, is strictly prohibited. Impersonation of others, including a Connect a Job employee or any other licensed employee, employer, host or representative, as well as other members or visitors on the Site, is strictly prohibited.
- You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the Site any content which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable which may constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or which may otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law. You may not upload commercial content on the Site or use the Site to solicit others to join or become members of any other commercial online service or other organization.
Your privacy and security are of utmost importance to Connect a Job. As such, while we are not obligated by law, we choose to preserve your security and integrity through numerous security protocols. Your identity is completely safeguarded, and no phone or address contact information is ever requested or retained by our Site. We meticulously moderate all content to ensure nothing harmful or obstructive affects our job seekers and employers, taking exceptional care that every piece of added information first passes through and gains approval by our trained staff before being accepted onto the Site.
While we take great pride in our high standard of security, You also bear legal responsibility for the full protection of your privacy and security. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your employer/job seeker account, profile and passwords, as applicable. You may not share your password or other account access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently, and You shall be responsible for all uses of your Connect a Job registrations and passwords, whether or not authorized by You. You agree to immediately notify Connect a Job of any unauthorized use of your employer/job seeker account, profile, or passwords. Job seekers should also protect their personal information by never providing social security, credit card or bank account numbers or other personal information to prospective employers. Connect a Job disclaims any responsibility for any harm, loss or any other issues arising in connection with your sharing of said information.
Registering with Connect a Job
Most portions of the Connect a Job service require registration. If You have registered an account with Connect a Job, You thereby affirm that you have provided and will continue to provide up-to-date, accurate and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration form. You are responsible for the confidentiality of your user name and password and may not resell or transfer your account to any third party for any reason.
Content & Conduct
By registering and accepting our Terms of Service, You accept and acknowledge that the content you submit to Connect a Job will not be illegal, inappropriate or offensive, including but not limited to content containing nudity or profanity, third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights. You further accept and acknowledge that you shall be thoroughly responsible for your own content on the Connect a Job site and are fully aware of the consequences if any illegal, inappropriate or offensive content is created under your account. All submitted material to Connect a Job is first moderated for inappropriate and prohibited content, including all video resumes, document resumes, user profiles and employer profiles. Any inappropriate material added or uploaded to Connect a Job will be removed by a moderator with an email sent to the offending member's email address validating why the content was removed. You agree that Connect a Job owns and retains all rights to the Connect a Job services. You further agree that the content you access and view as part of the Connect a Job services is owned or controlled by Connect a Job and Connect a Job's licensees.
Connect a Job acts as a passive conduit for the online distribution and publication of user content and has no obligation to screen User Content, communications or information in advance. It is not responsible for screening or monitoring User Content. However, Connect a Job may review and remove any User Content that, in its sole judgment, violates these Terms; violates applicable laws, rules or regulations; is abusive, disruptive, offensive or illegal; or violates the rights of, or harms or threatens the safety of, users of any Connect a Job site. Any profile You submit must describe you, an individual person. Examples of inappropriate and prohibited profiles include but are not limited to: profiles that purport to represent an animal, place, inanimate object, fictional character, or real individual that is not You. You may not include in your profile any telephone numbers, street addresses, email addresses or other means of contact, other than your last name.
The following is a partial list of User Content and/or Materials that are prohibited on the Connect a Job service. The list below is for illustration purposes only and should in no way be taken as a complete list of all prohibited User Content.
Prohibited Content and/or Materials includes content and/or materials that:
- Are implicitly or explicitly offensive, such as User Content that engages in, endorses or promotes racism, bigotry, discrimination, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Harass, incites harassment or advocate harassment of any group or individual;
- Involve the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters" or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- Promote or endorse false or misleading information or illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- Promote or endorse an illegal or unauthorized copy of another individual's copyrighted work, such as providing or making available pirated computer programs or links to them, providing or making available information to circumvent manufacturer-installed, copy-protect devices, or providing or making available pirated music or other media or links to pirated music or other media files;
- Contain restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images;
- Display or link to pornographic, indecent or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- Provide or link to material that exploits individuals under the age of 18 in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner, or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- Provide instructional information about illegal activities or other activities prohibited by these Terms, including without limitation the making or buying of illegal weapons, the violation of another individual's privacy, the providing or creation of computer viruses or pirating of any media;
- Solicit passwords or personal identifying information from other users.
Requirements for Use of Content and/or Materials
By registering or posting content on Connect a Job, You grant Connect a Job a general, continuous, irreversible, royalty-free right and license to reproduce, use, sell, sub-license, duplicate, distribute or prepare derivative all such content and materials for any reason without restriction. Further, You grant Connect a Job and their affiliates the right to use your name and/or user name in connection with the content displayed on your user profile. You also understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, advertisements, messages and other materials submitted, posted or displayed by You on or through the Connect a Job site ("User Content") is the sole responsibility of the person from which such User Content originated. If notified by a User of User Content (as defined) or other materials which allegedly do not conform to these Terms, Connect a Job may in its sole discretion investigate the allegation and determine whether to take any other actions, including whether to remove or request the removal of the offending User Content. Connect a Job has no liability or responsibility to Users for performance or non-performance of such activities or materials.
In order to sustain the Connect a Job Premium service, it is important that each User of the Connect a Job service honor the payment obligations to which that User agreed. Accordingly, we reserve the right to pursue any amounts You fail to pay in connection with Connect a Job. You will remain liable to Connect a Job for all such amounts and all costs we discover in connection with the collection of these amounts, including, without limitation, collection agency fees, reasonable attorneys' fees, and arbitration or court costs.
Changes to Terms of Service by Connect a Job
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Connect a Job, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees alleging or resulting from (a) any User Content or other material You provide to any Connect a Job site, (b) your use of any Connect a Job content, or (c) your breach of any of the terms in these Terms of Service. Connect a Job shall provide notice to You promptly of any such claim, suit or proceeding.
Connect a Job disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the content, completeness, legality, reliability and availability of information, photos, video, materials or live feeds displayed on the Connect a Job website, job seeker search results or employer search results. Connect a Job disclaims any and all responsibility for the deletion, failure to function or store, misdelivery, untimely delivery or any sudden loss of communication, information, materials/content, photos or video related to Connect a Job. Connect a Job disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material at Connect a Job or on other sites on the Internet accessed through Connect a Job. Connect a Job may suspend, terminate, or ban any account at Connect a Job's own discretion. We also reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who does not comply with these Terms of Service. We do not warrant that any Connect a Job site will operate error-free or that any Connect a Job site or servers do not contain computer viruses or any other harmful mechanisms. If You use any of the Connect a Job site or content/materials that which result in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, Connect a Job shall not be held responsible for any related costs, damages or inconvenience under any circumstance. The Connect a Job site and content are provided on an "as is" basis without any warranties of any kind. Connect a Job, to the fullest extent of the law, disclaims all warranties, whether expressed or implied, including the warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Connect a Job makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of its Site content, materials, services, software, text, graphics and links. The Connect a Job site contain links to third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to You and not as an endorsement by Connect a Job or its affiliates of the contents on such third-party websites. Connect a Job is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party websites. Users who access linked third-party websites do so completely at their own risk.
You may provide feedback to Connect a Job about the functionality and performance of the Connect a Job site or services at any given time, including without limitation: identifying potential errors, improvements, modifications, bug fixes or enhancements. If You submit any feedback to Connect a Job, You hereby grant Connect a Job a general, continuous, irreversible, royalty-free right to reproduce, use, sell, sub license, duplicate and distribute such content and materials for any reason without restriction. You agree that Connect a Job may disclose that feedback to any third party in any manner, and You agree that Connect a Job has the ability to sub-license all Feedback without restrictions.
Connect a Job's sole purpose is to provide a constructive venue for job seekers and employers to network for professional purposes. Connect a Job is not involved whatsoever in the actual communications between Connect a Job's Users. By accepting our Terms of Service, You acknowledge that there are inherent risks to joining any website including Connect a Job, which include but are not limited to the risk of physical harm and the risk of dealing with strangers, foreign nationals, underage persons or people acting under false pretenses. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other Users with whom You come into contact through the Connect a Job website. You agree that the use of Connect a Job is at your own risk. Since User authentication on the Internet is difficult, Connect a Job cannot and does not confirm that each User is who they claim to be even with adequate moderation. We do not and cannot be involved in User-to-User dealings or control the behavior of participants on any Connect a Job Site. In the event that You have a dispute with one or more Users, You release Connect a Job (and our agents or employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential and direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. We will not be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use, the inability to use, perform, performance of the product as advised or of the possibility of such damages at Connect a Job. Applicable law may not allow the limitation of exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, thus the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to You. You also agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Connect a Job parties and affiliates from and against any and all liabilities, claims, damages, expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs), and other losses and damages that originate out of or in any way from the use of Connect a Job. We will not be liable if by any circumstances You obtain or lose a job by the use of or misconduct of Connect a Job. Connect a Job cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Connect a Job website. The Connect a Job site acts as a hub for employers to post job opportunities and for candidates to post resumes and profiles, however Connect a Job in no way physically guarantees You will find a job through the Site. Connect a Job is not involved in the actual transactions between employers and job seekers that interact on this website. Connect a Job may take any action with respect to User Content which it deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if it believes that such User Content could create liability concerns for Connect a Job, damage Connect a Job's brand or public image, or cause Connect a Job to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its Internet Service Providers or other suppliers. While Connect a Job reserves the right in its sole discretion to periodically remove User Content, job postings, resumes or any other material from the Connect a Job site, we do not assume any obligation to do so and disclaim any liability for failing to take any such action.